Custom Survey URLs
One of the simplest ways to brand your survey is to use your own domain in the URL.
Build your brand by sending surveys with your own company domain instead of ours. URL branding is a great way to customize a URL that reflects your brand name. Having a custom URL with your branding can build trust, personality, consistency and familiarity with your brand.
This feature is available only in our Enterprise plan. Contact us to take advantage of this option.
This URL branding option allows you to white label the survey invitation link so it looks like it’s coming directly from your organization.
- A standard Sogolytics URL (without URL branding) would look like this: https://survey.sogolytics.com/k/random_key
- With a custom URL, you can update the first part of your link (before /k/random_key), as in this example: https://survey.yourname.com/k/random_key
If you would like to incorporate this feature in your next project, you must modify your organization’s domain settings.
1. Add a CNAME (Canonical Name) DNS record to your existing domain. For example, if your organization, Jones Corporation, would like to use custom URL survey.jonescorp.com, then a CNAME record should be added to your DNS system. Please be sure that the added record points to survey.sogolytics.com (184.108.40.206).
Do not add an A-record. A CNAME record type must be used to implement the custom URL feature.
2. After adding the CNAME DNS Record, ensure that the IP address resolves to the same IP address as survey.sogolytics.com. To test this, try pinging survey.jonescorp.com to make sure that the address resolution is working correctly. If the steps were implemented properly, pinging survey.jonescorp.com would resolve to one IP address of survey.sogolytics.com (220.127.116.11).
3. Once these steps have been completed, please confirm the update and your chosen domain. Once confirmation is received, we will update settings on our end within 24 hours.
When your DNS domain settings are modified, these new settings must propagate throughout the world’s DNS servers. The propagation process can take anywhere from 1 to 24 hours.
To enable SSL encryption for your custom URL, send your SSL certificate in .pfx file format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your custom URL will not function appropriately if you do not share this certificate. If you have any difficulty exporting an SSL certificate, these additional instructions may help. Once this certificate is received, all account surveys will be updated.
When setting up a custom URL, Domain Authentication is required. Please see details here.
If you have any questions, please contact Sogolytics Support at email@example.com.