Create SFTP Folders and Files
Once you have successfully linked your SFTP server with your Sogolytics account, it’s time to organize and create folders to set up your automation. To keep your content organized and make publishing easier, create a folder for each project.
This feature is available only in our Enterprise plan. Contact us to take advantage of this option.
- Using WinSCP, FileZilla, or a similar tool, access the SFTP server with the credentials provided.
- Add a new folder for each project. This will allow you to streamline the process of uploading contact files from your own sources and selecting and using the right contacts within your Sogolytics account. Consider giving each folder the same name as its matching project to keep things simple.
- Add the relevant files to each relevant folder. You may start by uploading a sample file of dummy data that can be used to help set up your mapping rules. Ensure all files in the same folder include the same columns in the same order for successful mapping and distribution.
In the past, you may have used a very specific naming convention for these project folders. Now, we’ve simplified the process to enable you to match the right project to the right folder. Questions? Check in with your Account Manager or our support team.
Once your folders are ready within the SFTP server, it’s time to upload your participant contact lists. The files you upload should include recipients’ email addresses as well as any additional fields to be mapped for Mail Merge, Data Population, or distribution rules (e.g., participant language).
If you have set up automation rules based on column headers, do not change the column sequence. Rearranging columns may cause the automation to fail.
A few items to keep in mind while uploading your files:
- Files must be in .xls, .xlsx, or .csv.
- All files uploaded should be in the same file format.
Learn more about setting up automation rules in the platform.