Edit an Active Survey
An Active survey is a survey that has received responses. Once a survey has received responses, editing options become limited. Keep in mind that some participants have already responded to your survey, so any edits to the live survey may affect the responses of later participants as well as your overall results.
If you have already received responses but you need to make major changes, see “Help! Major Changes Required!” at the bottom of the page.
Before you edit:
Minor changes like fixing typos or changing colors may have a minor impact. However, changing or adding questions or answers can have a major impact. If early participants see a different survey than later participants, this impacts the validity of your reports. Carefully consider the impact on changes in participation, reports, filters, logic – and just about every element of your project.
A few examples:
- Added a question? Results will suggest that participants who didn’t see the question simply did not answer.
- Deleted an answer option? Results will suggest that participants who chose that answer simply did not answer.
- Deleted a question? If it was used to generate a filter or conditions in a report, the filter or report will be deleted.
- Select an Active survey to edit.
- Review the recommendations displayed. Remember that making changes to a live survey can impact participation and reports. If you’d like to proceed, click Continue.
- Make the changes your project requires. If major changes are needed, see the ‘Help!’ Section at the bottom of this page.
- Add secondary language
- Add/edit/delete answer options of the existing question
- Add a question
- Delete a question
- Delete a page
- Deposit questions to Question Bank
- Display/hide bar graph of the responses received after survey completion
- Edit Already Participated Message
- Edit Expiry Message
- Edit question text
- Edit Save and Continue later Message
- Edit survey header/footer
- Edit Survey Unavailable Message
- Edit Thank You Page
- Edit/Delete survey header
- Enable/disable Chain Invitations
- Enable/disable progress bar, page number, question numbers, show asterisks for mandatory questions, show/hide back button
- Enable/disable Re-open Submitted Responses
- Find and Replace
- Mark question as mandatory
- Print options – Print Blank Survey / Print responses
- Question Hint
- Question Sequence
- Rearrange Answers
- Show/hide Time Out Message
- Spell Check
- Survey logo
- Survey redirect
- Text & Translations
- Visual Settings of the survey
- Already Participated Message
- Edit a question text
- Edit answer text
- Edit survey footer
- Edit survey header
- Expiry Message
- Save and Continue Later
- Survey Unavailable Message
- Text & Translations
- Thank You Message
- Add multimedia (Images and videos)
- Change primary language
- Changing question type
- Copy or move a question
- Data Population
- Move or copy a page
- Question Display Logic
- Rearrange questions
- Set survey as Anonymous
- Back up the existing responses by exporting them into Sogolytics1 format under the Data tab.
- Then, delete the responses from Track Survey, under the Distribute tab.
- Change the status of the survey to Edit, make the desired changes.
- Finally, deploy this modified survey.
- After you have gathered the desired number of responses, restore the survey responses (from the backup file) to the Sogolytics platform using the Import feature, under the Data tab.
For further exploration of potential impacts, check our FAQ section.
To edit an Active survey:
Which features ARE available for a survey in Active mode (with responses)?
These design features can be edited in an Active survey:
Which textual edits can I make on a survey in Active mode?
These items can be edited:
Which features are NOT available for a survey in Active mode (with responses)?
These functional features cannot be edited in an Active survey:
Help! Major Changes Required!
If you want to make major functional/structural changes to the survey after it has launched, follow these steps:
You can also redirect your survey to a new survey with Switch Invitations.